About Barnsdale

Barnsdale Hall is a hunting lodge, built in 1890 for Earl Fitzwilliam, and was developed into a hotel and timeshare resort opening in 1988. The original lodge now contains reception for the hotel and timeshare units, as well as some of the units and hotel rooms. The main part of the hotel is 2 blocks, one on each side of the Lodge. The majority of the timeshare units are wooden lodges built around the hall, on the banks of Rutland Water which is operated by Anglian Water.

The grounds also contain the main building which houses the bar and restaurant, the leisure centre and various meeting rooms. The most recent addition is the Edith Weston Suite (EWS) which provides further conference and banqueting facilites. There are also a helipad, bowls green, pitch and putt course, crazy golf course and tennis courts.

The site, on the banks of a lake, is inevitably hilly. Potential guests should be aware of this and bear in mind that there may be problems for those with walking difficulties. Barnsdale is about 3 miles from the nearest town, and a car is required to make the best of the area. There is plenty of parking on site, and each lodge has a reserved location.